Lucky you… you have been chosen as the all entitled event planner for the big shindig in Chicago. A blessing or curse? Only time will tell of course, but you can make the most of it by executing the position smoothly, seemingly effortlessly and flawlessly. Do not – I repeat do not – attempt to this on your own. You are not the great and powerful Oz after all. That is the first lesson of an event planner.
Rome Wasn’t Built in a Day – Nor by One Single Person
Does your organization have an event planning committee? If not, it’s time to set one up. Depending upon how successful you are, you may need that event planning committee any number of times in the future. You must familiarize yourself with the city in question. To miss out on the most exciting or appropriate venues and options that a city has to offer is nothing short of irresponsible. That’s just bad planning. So how you know if you’re taking full advantage of all the city has to offer? Some cities offer a free city guide with vacations and event planning in mind. Even at a small charge, it is well worth the effort to pick one of these up in order to plan a successful event – particularly when referring to a major city like Chicago.
Who, What, Where, When and How?
When considering your venue, find out who has to offer any or all of the following:
- who can make the most of lighting and sound for an impressive display
- staging and all equipment needed, including audio/visual
- fulfilling last minute requests, transportation arrangements to and from hotels and airports, handling of VIPs
- will they check with you, as their client, for approval every step of the way
- what types of facilities (i.e. banquet hall, elegant ballroom settings, beautifully decorated outdoor garden areas, spacious park-like settings, paved outdoor areas, indoor/outdoor restrooms or porta-potties, (See portapottyrentalchicago.net etc.) do they have to choose from
- what about door prizes, giveaways, entertainment, flowers, invitations, coordination of all of those and contacting vendors
- in order for your party to be executed flawlessly, will they guarantee an event manager of their own to work with you
So, Mr. or Ms. Event Planner – remember that attention to detail – both big and small – is what event planning is all about. Again however, it’s a lot for one person to handle and a committee, or at the very least a few helpful sets of hands, is essential. If your situation does not allow for a committee it is even more important that the venue/location you choose offers the option of an event planner.
For Event Giveaways See lovecustomglasses.com